game PlayStation 2 » Shadow of the Colossus Box Cover

Shadow of the Colossus box art cover
By avatar Grand 41 on January 19th, 2010

comments Shadow of the Colossus Box Cover Comments

Comment on Grand's Shadow of the Colossus Box Art / Cover.

Grand 41 [ 9 years ago ]

Spent a few hours on this one, starting by creating the background with multiple pieces of fan art, concept art, and screenshots for reference. Wanted to keep text minimal and overall I'm happy with the outcome.

Cerium 43 [ 9 years ago ]

Yawn

Grand 41 [ 9 years ago ]

#2, not very constructive. I realize it's a bit subdued but that's what I feel is the essence of the game. The game is almost entirely empty but there's always something looming on the horizon.

Another note: I was listening to the soundtrack when I made this.

And Essence temp by master_general, box temp by Jevangod

Nightfire147 37 [ 9 years ago ]

I really like this one. I still have never played Shadow of the Colossus but from an artistic stand point this looks awesome. From what I have heard of the game and from some of the art and music I have seen/heard I think that you captured the game perfectly. +Fav.

Joeseye 46 [ 9 years ago ]

I too really like the mood of this box, probably deserves more attention.

+Fav

tleeart 45 [ 9 years ago ]

Your ability with the Essence idea and template is definitely beyond many on this site. This captures the feel of the game excellently.

Throavium 1 [ 9 years ago ]

I don't understand why there are 1,579 (could be a glitch) views but yet only 4 comments, (not including yours). I like how the colossus is shrouded in clouds, the back seems a bit empty but it seems fine that way.

Edited at 9 years ago

Grand 41 [ 9 years ago ]

#6, Thanks for the great compliment.

#7, It seems to be a trend. My boxes get shitloads of views but very few comments. My Darksiders box has almost 5,000 views and only 13 comments.

Grand 41 [ 9 years ago ]

Printable requested, so I added it.

wasa-bi 7 [ 9 years ago ]

Not that bad, but the back...? Let me say it this way: The text on the back is not very well balanced. There is no real alignment of it and it seems like you just put it into the free areas you had left. This makes the text squeezed between the mountain image and the games specifications; the text about those "essence-packages" as well as the logo seem to be broken, becaue they don't have a clear line where they are arranged with the other text. link

Edited at 9 years ago

Grand 41 [ 9 years ago ]

#10, I didn't make the template--I leave all of the temp text untouched.

wasa-bi 7 [ 9 years ago ]

#11, I know, but I am talking about the text you DID add. Or do you wanna tell me you did not add the whole copy-text (sixteen colossi...) as well as the title on the back. Don't know about the "essence"-text on top, but I've seen that one on yours for the first time.

However, it does not change the fact certain parts of YOUR text look kinda cramped or just like they have to fill some gaps.

SORRYBOUDIT 1 [ 9 years ago ]

COVER IS VERY COOL. NICE JOB.

Svensson450 1 [ 7 years ago ]

Wow, exactly what I was looking for. Splendid job!

AHO 37 [ 4 years ago ]