game PSP » The 3rd Birthday Box Cover

The 3rd Birthday box art cover
By avatar Pan 47 on April 11th, 2011

[ Box updated on April 12th, 2011 ] [ original ]

comments The 3rd Birthday Box Cover Comments

Comment on Pan's The 3rd Birthday Box Art / Cover.

Pan 47 [ 8 years ago ]

So happy to have this game exist, and not be on a cell phone! I haven't bought a copy yet, but I plan too soon. I wanted to keep the box really simple, but keep the feel of the series. Also awesome if you recognize the tagline without looking it up : )

Throavium-Redux 40 [ 8 years ago ]

I'm not sure if like the gray spots on the back work, but I understand why you used them because there is rarely any artwork. Now I really want to try my own hand at this cover which was something I was planning to do until I forgot about it. The back tagline is good,
I like it until I get to the bottom, the erased screeshots don't seem to be working, maybe if this was a darker box they would fade a bit
better. The black text with the white outline, I think is unnecessary. If the background you used was completely white you could have used
completely black text like how it appears on the spine, straight white with the logo on it, it works really well. Putting the protagonist on the spine is not a problem, however in this case I think it's out of place because of how dark she is compared to the rest of the cover.

The front is a spectacle and I really like it, especially how the background is a bit colorless but it's as bright as the character
appears to be, (which seems to be looking right away from the sun), which seems to explain the lighting, it looks really good, the
way you tweaked the logo is nice too.

Pan 47 [ 8 years ago ]

#2, Awesome response. I agree with the back text, and I new someone would point it out, I'll try and change it a bit maybe. The gray spots are actually an image of mitochondria, a major plot point on the series. I like how the screenshots came out, but if there's a way I can keep them similar but look better I'd like that.

The front is flawless. Simply stunning.

On the back, I'd suggest removing/toning down the white stroke on the synopsis. It looks tacky. The image of Aya on the spine is also unnecessary.

Pan 47 [ 8 years ago ]

How's this?

link

I think that looks much better.

Pan 47 [ 8 years ago ]

#6, I updated the printable, and took Aya off the spine.

del337er 40 [ 8 years ago ]

Beautiful job on this

del337er 40 [ 8 years ago ]

Edited at 8 years ago

Pan 47 [ 8 years ago ]

So I printed this out and it's not quite the right size, I used the PSP template from thecoverproject.net, anyone know where I can get an accurate one?

Throavium-Redux 40 [ 8 years ago ]

#10, Not quite the right size, how off is it?

Pan 47 [ 8 years ago ]

#11, It was a little off on the sides and the bottom, about a centimeter. I've update the box though and no it should be fine.

With this update I've redone the screen shots, fixed the numerous typos on the back, resized the printable, fixed the presentation, and cleaned up some of the legal info/icons.

Comments on the update appreciated! Also a side note Throavium, really looking forward to your box for this game once it's finished.

aelixus 45 [ 8 years ago ]

Great work! I just don't like gray part on the back too much.

Masloff 43 [ 8 years ago ]

Imma find those skulls

wasa-bi 7 [ 8 years ago ]

Agreed with #2, but I don't like the front that much, since the logo is hard to read in more than one part the official package got the same problem, because they did place the logo on a dark background and the font is just way too thin for that, plus it's a black fontcolor. thin and black font don't mix very good on dark areas, no matter if it's the full background or just some spots

Throavium-Redux 40 [ 8 years ago ]

#12, I appreciate that my skills are good enough to be acknowledged enough for someone to be interested in something I've planned.

alldreamsfalldown 49 [ 8 years ago ]

Forged from badassery.

I didn't favorite this? What the hell?