game PlayStation 3 » Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Box Cover

hall »

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One box art cover
By avatar Throavium-Redux 40 on April 21st, 2011
print No Printable Available

comments Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Box Cover Comments

Comment on Throavium-Redux's Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Box Art / Cover.

Sarashi 45 [ 7 years ago ]

I love the colours on the front. Very official looking.

del337er 39 [ 7 years ago ]

Woah this is good, great job!

deiviuxs 46 [ 7 years ago ]

#1, Agree. Colors are really vibrant and strong which works well with this type of game.

vanillacokenz 25 [ 7 years ago ]

This looks great! I agree with "very official looking"!

LooseJuice 28 [ 7 years ago ]

This is awesome. One of my favorites from you.

aelixus 45 [ 7 years ago ]

Damn! Awesome work!

Throavium-Redux 40 [ 7 years ago ]

Thank you.

I'm still not convinced about the game itself, but this cover certainly puts it in a better light for me. Great colors, and I especially like how you've arranged the back, giving the artwork some breathing room and yet still being able to fit screenshots and text in comfortably.

Throavium-Redux 40 [ 7 years ago ]

#8, That was what I was going for.

deiviuxs 46 [ 7 years ago ]

This needs to be in a Hall.

...just saying...

Throavium-Redux 40 [ 7 years ago ]

Thanks

Rex_the_dinosoar 32 [ 7 years ago ]

Very good Throavium!

Jordan94jb 21 [ 7 years ago ]

Another brilliant case, one that I could see being used within real life application.

Throavium-Redux 40 [ 7 years ago ]

Thanks guys.

Congrats on another solid entry into the hall. The vibrant colors and back layout really stand out to me on this one.

Throavium-Redux 40 [ 7 years ago ]

Once again, I found some decent resources, (namely two different wallpapers), and tweaked them to my liking. I made some major edits, the front has a lens flare, lighting adjustments, color and level adjustments, filters, and renders in the front, that I rendered out from a hi-res version of the wallpaper of the back. I covered images I cut out from the back's wallpaper with the screenshots.

Both the back and front were sharpened to a degree and made brighter and I added some vibrancy to them to draw emphasis for the cinematic effect.

The back is a take on one of Marker's techniques, of putting features evenly spaced between screenshots, to be visible but at the same time not obstruct the view of the screenshots themselves. Thanks to him for this.

The font I used for the description works perfectly, it also has a sub-tagline. (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA), text is absent from the front's developer logo because it always ends up looking choppy. Legal information was done from scratch like always, I tried my best to predict what the legal information would look like when the game is released in the future. Specifications are based off of speculation, presentation is inspired from SONY's own rendition of their PS3 covers in 3D, just without the fake looking plastic.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and deeming this worthy.

shadysaiyan 41 [ 7 years ago ]

Fantastic. I don't think this game will be that good though compared to the other ratchets, solely based on the co-op type gameplay which is a big turnoff here for me.

Throavium-Redux 40 [ 7 years ago ]

#17, I've noticed you only favorite the best of the best, I'm glad this attracted your attention.

Spiderpig24 47 [ 7 years ago ]

I love the colors, and the layout and character composition are all very professional looking. Very nice job, and congrats on the Hall!

Throavium-Redux 40 [ 7 years ago ]

#19, Thanks

Throavium-Redux 40 [ 7 years ago ]

Edited at 7 years ago

Bastart 48 [ 7 years ago ]

Can't find the printable on console-covers.com?

Throavium. 25 [ 7 years ago ]

#22, The printable will be available on the day this game comes out.

Bastart 48 [ 7 years ago ]

#23, Okay, Thanks for the info. Is there a special reason why you do this?

Throavium. 25 [ 7 years ago ]

#24, Yes. When I make covers, I put the printables on around 9-10 different websites for people to download.

...

I wait for the official cover to be scanned by anyone, (usually either at console-covers.com, or covergalaxy) and then I make sure that the legal information, barcode, and everything, matches the official, before I actually release my own cover.

In the past, whenever I uploaded my covers early, someone would rip them and claim them as their own. So to prevent people from ripping, I withhold the printable until I'm sure that everything is right. No joke, people have ripped my work, and then changed the front and called it theirs. Nowadays, they can't touch my material if I keep it to myself until the release date.

For instance, I made a Dues Ex cover almost 6 months ago, but I'm not releasing it until August 23rd, because most likely the legal information that I wrote down is incorrect, and it uses a barcode from Fable II, which is obviously wrong. I don't want anyone to print out a game cover that's incorrect, legal information is just as important as putting the right game logo on a game. It's almost like, if you made a game cover for Killzone 3, but the legal information and barcode were taken from God of War III, you might as well put the God of War III logo on the front, because essentially the cover's identity needs to match legal information and barcode.

Edited at 7 years ago

Bastart 48 [ 7 years ago ]

#25, I see, but why the barcodes have to be the same?
you don't actually scan and sale the covers, do you?

and the legal info is just changing the game company's,
publishers and game title name, am I right? I agree that
it does look akward with the wrong legal info on the back,
but it's not really that big of a deal, or is it?

Throavium. 25 [ 7 years ago ]

#26, No, it isn't a big deal. It's just how I make my game covers.

Bastart 48 [ 7 years ago ]

#27, Okay, case closed ;)

Throavium. 25 [ 7 years ago ]